GREAT LAKES POLLUTION PREVENTION
The SWP staff provides innovative, effective solutions for addressing a variety of emerging Great Lakes issues:Improved storm water quality and cleaner beaches!
- 40% Reduction in Mercury entering Lake Superior.
- 45 tons of Household Hazardous Waste collected in one day!
- 320 tons of electronic waste (e-waste) collected in one day!
- 2,000 pounds of old medications collected in one day!
GREAT LAKES HABITAT RESTORATION
The SWP is the regional leader in planning and implementing science-based habitat restoration projects:
- 70% increase in targeted fish populations!
- 3 priority dams removed/miles of trout streams restored.
- Hundreds of acres of invasive plant species eradicated.
- Improved regional land use policies and model ordinances.
- Thousands of tons of sediment prevented from entering local rivers.
- 12,000 trees planted across 15 counties.